Saturday 29 March 2014

A Huge Leap for Mankind

Well. Ish.

Yesterday two people were leaving Andy's work (where I used to work too)and they were having a wee do in the office. The boys were at badminton club last night from 5.30 until 7 so I took the opportunity of nipping to the office to bid them farewell. Which was a huge step. I haven't been over the door of the office and haven't looked back at it since I left nearly 2 years ago. Got to be honest I was a bit worried about going back but I needn't have. It was nice to see friends again, even if my time was limited!

So they've moved on from the CS too and I'm sure I'll see both of them again soon.

These were the cards I made for them.


Stamps 
Dandelion Wishes - Inkylicious

 Cardstock/Paper
From stash

 Ink 
Memento Cocoa Brown

Embellishments 
Pearls
Lace
Seam Binding Ribbon

Tools
Circle Nesties
Alium Embossing Folder
Big Shot

With this card I've used LotV James and the flower but I have given him a champagne bottle instead using a Stampendous stamp and I cut his paw a wee bit (it wasn't painful) so that he could hold it. 


Stamps 
James and Flower - LotV
Champagne Bottle - Stampendous
Sentiment - Paper Smooches

Colouring Medium 
Copic

Cardstock/Paper 
From stash

Embellishments
Pearls

And one of the folk was leaving got a poem written for her by a friend from the Dundee office. I got one too but on this occasion he actually recorded himself which he sent to Andy and I burned a cd and made a box for the cd using the envelope punch board. The sticker is from a sheet from Designs on Pine. 



 Thanks for dropping by today.


10 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Well I love them both, as you know! xx

Sue said...

Both gorgeous cards Susan. I love how you have given James a champagne bottle to hold.
The CD box looks fabulous, such a lovely sentiment.
Sue xx

rachel said...

super duper Susan - this is great xx

Tracey T said...

Gorgeous - classic and stylish on kraft, super cute with the LotV bear. Love the idea of adding the champagne bottle. Pleased to hear that it was OK going back into the office. Hugs, Tracey xx

Chris said...

Beautiful cards! They are both gorgeous! Very inventive to give James the champagne bottle!
Chris
x

Crafty Lark said...

Love your cards and box Susan. Great stamping and colouring. xx Flora

Debs said...

Two fabulous cards Susan but James just edges ahead for me :o)
Brilliant colouring.
Debs xx

Wishcraft said...

They're both gorgeous Susan! Love how you've altered sweet James :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a lovely selection of cards! A really lovely post. X

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fab cards Susan Debbie would love it. I'll get to see more of her now she is a lady if leisure lol

Ali x

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...