Tuesday 11 June 2013

Wishy Washi

Morning all.

Today should have been the annual end of term fun day for the kids at school but unfortunately due to an adverse weather forecast it's had to be postponed. Even though I'm not able to help this year I'm still a bit gutted by this! Flamin' typical though. Beautiful all last week and when there's something arranged it threatens to chuck it down.

So onto today's card. This is the birthday card I made for my lovely friend Cathy which I've got to be honest was kinda thrown together... not in a bad way you understand. 

I decided to use this fab image from Saturated Canary - Washi Tape Kind of Girl and coloured her with my pens. Then I decided to team her with some gingham paper (one of Cathy's faves) and then I decided to add some Kraft and I'd always had the idea of using the button embossing folder for this image. Once I'd stuck it all together I decided I'd actually use some Washi Tape for the tape on her fingers (and in her hair).... then, just as I thought I was finished I decided to use the LOTV stitches stamp to add some stitching round the edge - this is not a technique I'd recommend cos I was terrified I'd make pigs ear of the whole thing!

After I'd done all that I posted it to Cathy..... then I remembered I hadn't photographed it so I had to get Cathy to do that and email it to me!!


Challenges I'd Like to Enter
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes

Stamps 
Washi Tape Kind of Girl - Saturated Canary
Stitches - LotV

 Colouring Medium 
Copics

Cardstock/Paper 
From stash

Embellishments 

 Tools 
Button Die - Dienamics
Big Shot

 Thanks for dropping by today. 

 Susan 
 x

21 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful,love the colours and gorgeous image.xxx

Sandra said...

Very pretty and brave!
Bet she loved it. xxx

rachel said...

fabby card Susan - I do love the buttons embossing folder xx

Sue said...

So gorgeous Susan. I love that image, your colouring is fabulous and the buttons, ribbon and faux stitching all work so well together
Sue xx

Debs said...

Hi Susan
You have 'thrown' this card together beautifully - Cathy is sure to love it.
Have a wonderful day
Debs xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

so sweet susan! you did a great job colouring her up and the embossing adds such a lovely texture :)

catherine said...

Looks great Susan and I'm sure Cathy loved it just as much. Great colours and image
x catherine

An Occasional Genius said...

Aww, it's fab! Love the kraft & colour combo. The stitching worked out well, looks amazing xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Susan. the image looks fab and I love the layout and stitching.
Lorraine x

Chris said...

Lovely card, Susan! Cute image and great design! Shame about the Fun Day...
Chris
x

Shazza said...

tis gorgeous Susan. Stayed dry here today but think the rain is on it's way from you to me x

Claire said...

Lovely card Susan, love the gorgeous image, gingham papers and fab embossing. Hugs, Claire x

Wishcraft said...

Love this image and your card is gorgeous Susan :o) Hugs, Lisa x

loz said...

Hi Susan...Gorgeous card and beautiful colors.. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Dawn said...

Fantastic card! What a cutie!! I love how you used real washi to embellish the image and the button embossing folder is perfect.

Hugs, Dawn

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I think I admired this on FB, the embossing is a great touch on this card and gives a lovely depth. X

Shirley-Anne said...

Love gingham papers and the sweet image you coloured perfectly . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card Susan, beautiful colours and design..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine challenge this week and hoping we see you again. Good luck..Hugs Lozzy x

Miradormakings said...

Gorgeous card and design. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Joan x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a pretty Saturated Canary card you have made. It fits the Bearly Mine Challenge this week well of “anything goes”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Andreja said...

Fabulous design. So much lovely details; I like all :-))
Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMineChellenge,
Hugs, Andreja

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Earth Day or Use Something Recycled. The hangers were made...