Sunday 10 March 2013

Salute Her

Morning! 

So the trip to Domino's Pizza was a great success... so much so that Scott has  decided that he can make the pizzas and we have to pay for them! A friend has come up with a great idea though, wait till Tuesdays and then we'll get two for the price of one ;)

A few weeks ago a friend of mine asked me if I could make a card for her daughter who is off to Army College today. I knew immediately the image I could use for this and went for Salute Her from Saturated Canary. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do but one night just as I was about to drop off to sleep it came to me.... what I would actually do with the card.... and it kept me awake for ages after that!

I have distressed the dog tag a wee bit with some alcohol inks. Unfortunately I don't actually have that many so had to make do with what I had. I did enjoy playing with them though so perhaps that's an idea to give Andy for my birthday.

So this card is for Sarah, who starts a new chapter in her life today. Good luck Sarah, I hope it all works for you!



Challenges I'd Like to Enter
Crafts and Me - Tag It (hope the dog tag is ok!)
Dutch Dare - Girls Rule
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes

Stamps 
Salute Her - Saturated Canary

 Colouring Medium 
Copics
Promarkers

Cardstock/Paper 
From Stash

Embellishments 
Letter Stickers

 Tools 
Notebook Edge Punch - EK Success

 Thanks for dropping by today. Have a lovely Mother's Day if you're celebrating!

Susan 
x

9 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous Susan. The design and details are wonderful.
I love that image and you have coloured her beautifully.
I hope you have a good Sunday
Sue xx

Susie said...

Fantastic card....it was worth keeping you awake for! Susie x

Anne said...

Fab card Susan, you've coloured her up beautifully
Anne x

Chris said...

Great card, Susan! absolutely perfect choice of image for Sarah, the dogtags look great too!
Chris
x

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Susan. The image looks great and I love the layout. Well worth the lack of sleep!
Lorraine x

Crafty Lark said...

Great card Susan, perfect design. xx Flora

Cathy said...

Great card, love the image and fab use of the dog tags xxx

Shazza said...

great card Susan x

RoseC said...

Susan, your beautifully colored Salute Her image looks fabulous on this wonderful army-themed card. Your dog tag is the perfect embellishment! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Tag It! challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...