Thursday 29 November 2012

Best Get A Wiggle On

Good grief, it's the 29th November! It's nearly Christmas.... I had better get some Christmas cards made... Or maybe I could just post one on here with my good wishes for a Merry Christmas and that would do?! What do you think? Could I get away with it? 

This time last year I asked my friend to nag me into making at least 10 cards every month so that by the time I got to December I'd have loads of them... And he did, for the first few months, but I kept muttering excuses so he stopped asking...

So....lots of work to be done. *gulp*

Couple of cards to share today but they were for the same couple. Someone at Andy's work asked if I could do her a card for friends of hers who were having a civil ceremony in New York. I thought this Tiddly Inks image of Charles and his tulips was perfect. But how to move them so there would be two and they would look like they were standing together. Cass and I fought for ages with Microsoft Word cos we wanted them closer together than they actually are but this was the best we could do. I think it works though.

A couple of weeks before the couple were due to wed I was asked to do another card that would be from one of the guys' mum. I have no idea who picked which card though but they phoned Denise to say how much they loved both cards.

There, is, however, a story attached to the second card. Denise sent me a note via Andy to give me the names and the date for the card. The couple were getting married on 18th November in New York and she needed the card for 2nd November which was when they were having the party. I thought it was a bit odd that they were having a wedding reception before the actual wedding but the customer is always right so I printed the details and gave the cards to Andy to take to work.  Then he phoned to say I'd put the wrong date and it should be the 18th October.... mmmmmm, not the information on the letter but hey ho. I printed another insert and the problem was sorted :) 



Stamps 
Charles and Tulips, Tiddly Inks

 Colouring Medium 
Copics/Promarkers

Cardstock/Paper 
From Stash

  Embellishments 
Pearls from Stash

 Tools 
Swirl Sizzlit, Cuttlebug





Cardstock/Paper 
From Stash

 Embellishments 
Pearls and Ribbon From Stash

 Tools 
Divine Swirls Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug

Thanks for dropping by today. 

 Hugs. Susan xxx

6 comments:

Sandra Carey said...

Wow Susan they are both stunning hugs Sandra xx

Caroline said...

Susan these are stunning love them both. Caroline xxx

Chris said...

Hi Susan, both these cards are beautiful! I love how you've doubled the image (isn't he sweet!)onthe 1st one and the 2nd one is so elegant!
chris
x

Sue said...

These are both gorgeous Susan. I love the way you have mirrored the image on the first card. The second card is so elegant.

Sue

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

this is fantastic susan!! I think you did a great job merging them together...it is just perfect. A truly lovely design :)

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards, perfect for the occasion.
Lorraine x

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...