Friday 9 March 2012

It's the weekend.

Woohoo!

Can't believe that's another week gone whooshing by. I was at the craft show at the SECC yesterday. And despite my best intentions, I did buy some stuff. I didn't take much money with me though so I was quite restrained. I am, however, going back tomorrow with Craig so we'll see how that pans out.

Met up with some of the Sugar Nellie Facebook gang which was great :) Lovely to see Fiona, Lorraine and Karen again and great to meet Avril too. It was also lovely to see Cass (although to be fair, I do see Cass every week!!) and Janice.  So after a whole day craft shopping I went to the cabin for our usual crafty date.

Finished a card I started making on Tuesday. I may share that tomorrow and half did another. It's still to be put together but it's coming along nicely.

I did make this though which I am quite pleased with. No idea who or what it is for but never mind!!


Challenges I would like to enter

One Stop Craft Challenge - Button It
CRAFT - Inspired by a Song - Sailing by Rod Stewart (I so wish I had thought of another song, I hate Rod Stewart!!!)

Image - Sail Away, Stampin Up, (coloured with Prismacolours) Sentiment, Kaiser Craft
Cardstock/Paper -  from stash
Ink - Memento, Rich Cocoa
Embellishments - Buttons from Bouffle the dog set, Ribbon from Cass's stash.

Thanks for dropping by today. Hugs. Susan xxx

9 comments:

Fiona said...

wow Susan...this is gorgeous and I think one of my favourite SU stamps!!

What time are you going tomorrow...lol I am going back with Donna my friend who has that much stuff could sell it!!

maybe see you again!!

Fi
x

cheryl said...

oh this is one,super card love that image,and the,colours and the layout just brilliant,hugs Cherylxxxxx

He He I do not like Rod Stewart either Hun,xxxxxx

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the image.
Nikki x

Unknown said...

Wow this is gorgeous Susan, love the buttons and the earth tones of your card... what a coincidence I also did a sailing boat card :) So lovely for you to go to a craft show, enjoy it tomorrow. Hugs xxx

Margaret Ann Moffat said...

great card Susan, I butchered the stamp and took the gulls of it to use as a separate stamp, typical me of course.

carol said...

Beautiful card, Thanks for joining in with our INSPIRED BY A SONG challenge at CRAFT x carol

Unknown said...

Hi Susan, fab card! Love the image and the twine/ribbon thingy.

Sounds like you had a good time at the show and going back for more as well!! Lucky you!

Sarah

Susie said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love the layout!
Know what you mean about Road Stewart - could use Enya's Sail Away instead?!

I've nominated you for the leibster award - hope you accept! (http://susieloudesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/award.html)
Have a great weekend.
Susie x

Aunty Sue said...

great male card and a last from the past, thanks for joining us at Craft this week

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hello.   Time for a new challenge  Sweet Stampin ' and this time the theme is Easter. I bought these cute wee gnomes last year but didn&...